Center for Research and Evidence-Based Practice
The Center for Research and Evidence-Based Practice aims to guide faculty and students in the development of collaborative research and evidence-based practice to improve health outcomes. The Center promotes interprofessional research and provides support and resources for the development of research proposals and evidence-based practice projects, specifically preparation and editing of documents and administrative processes related to the Institutional Human Rights Committee (IRB), among others.
- Mentoring, trainings, seminars and workshops.
- Materials and programs to facilitate evidence-based research and practice activities.
- Support in identifying intramural / extra-mural financing mechanisms.
- Technical support for the development and monitoring of proposals and budgets.
- Support to process IRB applications.
- Contact expert resources for support in methodology, statistics and editing.
- Support for database searches.
- Support in development of evidence-based projects, presentations and posters.
- Support for interprofessional projects.
- Training research assistants, in IRB, conducting interviews and data entry.
- Editing documents related to research proposals, projects and manuscripts based on evidence.
NIH And Research Resources
Evidence-based Practice (EBP) Resources
Writing, Poster & Abstract Development Resources
Dr. Milagros I. Figueroa Ramos
Assistant Dean of Research
787-758-2525, Ext. 2183, 1217
Solymar S. Solis Baez
Director Center for Research and Evidence-Based Practice
787-758-2525, Ext. 2186, 1217